Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Last trip into Vancouver General Hospital

Today is my last appointment with the gynecologists and doctors who have walked with me through this process of treatment. Cam is coming with me, and although it feels very surreal it also feels very final. It's up to me now, and honestly I feel like I haven't done very well so far. I am supposed to continue on with my physio exercises and I have only done them a few times since my last appointment, Im supposed to do them everyday! I think that the fact that it was so positive when we left my last physio and I had done so well, I almost forgotten that this is an everyday matienance type of problem. I wasn't going to walk out of that office magically better and I experienced the reality of that the other day. No, things are not "magically all better". But alas, there has been progress! So that is worth a cheer and a big smile.

I am going to bring up the pregnancy topic once again to this gynecologist who is meeting with us. Im sure there will be words of advice, maybe some positive, maybe some negative. Maybe we will get the green light from her since we did get one from the physiotherapist, maybe not. But whatever the case, it's in our hands now. We have the information and are able to make this decision just us two, Camy & Colie. So... we'll have to see what happens with that very real, very life changing decision. It's interesting how I've wanted children for years and years and now that I'm at the point of my life to take the steps to get pregnant I'm all the sudden scared out of my mind! Funny how things work like that huh? You always think the future is so far away until it becomes the present.

In other news: Easter was fantastic! We had such a great weekend with my family celebrating my younger brothers 25th birthday on Saturday and then had our Easter dinner on Sunday. Cam and I went to church and I was very moved by the worship, sand art presentation and message. So much so that I had tears in my eyes during the entire length of the service. Yesterday Cam worked and I stayed at home cleaning and relaxing. Im definitely looking forward to my summer months at home, all to myself... subbing every once in a while at the daycare and enjoying the sun in my backyard. Maybe I'll pick a few books to get through and a walking route to take around my block on a daily basis. So excited, 12 weeks left of work!, I'll miss those kiddies.

Blessings on you this day!

N.
look what I made for Easter dinner? SO good :)

No comments: